Vitamin B12 Will Give You a Boost
Daily life can be a grind, and that can wear you down and rob you of some of the simple joys of life. Maybe when you get home from work, you’re too tired to make a healthy dinner. Or perhaps daily life robs you of the energy to exercise (which would, in turn, grant you more energy). Then again, maybe the week drains you so much that your weekends are spent in a 48 hour mode of recovery. We know how difficult it can be to find that extra jolt of energy that will get you over the hump, into a positive reinforcement cycle of energy—and that little jolt can now come in the form of a B12 injection at Carillon Clinic.
Vitamin B12, also called cobalamin, is an incredibly important component to your body. You can generally find Vitamin B12 naturally in many different substances, such as meat, fish, dairy products, and so on. B12 can also be constructed artificially, so you may also find it added to many food products. The problem is that Vitamin B12 is water soluble—meaning it dissolves in fluids—making it particularly difficult for your body to absorb efficiently. In fact, most of the B12 you eat or drink eventually leaves your body in the form of urine.
It’s worth noting that this difficulty in absorbing Vitamin B12 is different from Vitamin B12 Deficiency, a much more serious issue, in which your body—often because of diet or anemia—simply can’t get the B12 it needs to continue functioning in a healthy way.
The Vitamin B12 Injection
There are definitely some benefits of getting your B12 booster through an injection. This form allows a much higher percentage of the B12 to be absorbed into your body. It’s more direct and more efficient than, say, getting your B12 through eating meats high in the vitamin. Your injection will be administered under the guidance of a health care provider to minimize the risk of overdose. Many of our patients schedule their injections on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis in order to ensure the benefits of the B12 don’t easily wear out. At Carillon Clinic, we use Methyl Vitamin B12 injections; this variation on Vitamin B12 is the most pure and bio-available form of the injection, allowing your body to better utilize the B12, yielding better results.
We use injections at Carillon Clinic because sprays, patches, lozenges, or even oral supplements simply aren’t capable of delivering the vitamin as efficiently as an injection. This means we can better control how much B12 you’re making use of and help you find an optimum amount for your purposes. In other words, injections are more precise in addition to being more efficient than other means.
The injection itself should not take more than a few minutes to complete. Which means that you can be in, get your shot, and be out in the same time it takes to go on a lunch break. At Carillon Clinic, we create an atmosphere of spa-like rejuvenation and combine that with the knowledge and experience you would expect at a high-end medical clinic. This means that you can relax, rejuvenate, and—simultaneously—enjoy the confidence of knowing that your injection is being handled by highly-qualified professionals.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Vitamin B12 Injection in Minneapolis?
When administered under the supervision of medical professionals, Vitamin B12 injections are exceptionally safe. However, in order to ensure optimum performance, we look for the following characteristics in our Vitamin B12 injection patients:
- You have suffered from symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency, including chronic fatigue, depression, pale skin, sore tongue, stomach upset and weight loss
- You are comfortable with injections
- You are otherwise in generally good health
- You are not pregnant or nursing
Cost of Vitamin B12 Injections in Minneapolis
At Carillon Clinic, the current cost of a Vitamin B12 injection is $30 per injection. Packages are also available.
Benefits of Vitamin B12 Injections
Most of the benefits involved in Vitamin B12 injections have to do with the extra energy you’ll be getting. B12 is a vital to keeping your brain, blood cells, and internal organs functioning properly, so it’s no surprise that if you aren’t getting enough of it, things won’t be working quite right. When you get your Vitamin B12 injection, then, you may notice that it positively impacts several aspects of your life, including the following:
- Increased energy: After your B12 injection, you may notice that your overall energy levels improve. In other words, you may notice that you have more energy than you used to. This is likely because the B12 is helping your blood cells metabolize energy more efficiently. You may find that it’s easier to get yourself out of bed in the morning and you won’t feel quite so tired when you get home from work.
- Increased metabolism: Patients who receive a Vitamin B12 injection often report weight loss—or, rather, greater ease in losing weight. This is because Vitamin B12 may help you speed up your metabolism. When you have more energy, you use more energy, and when you use more energy, your body uses more fuel (calories).
- Better sleep: While the fundamental role that Vitamin B12 plays in your sleep cycle isn’t completely understood, what we do know is this: many patients who get Vitamin B12 injections report better sleep at night. This could be because the Vitamin B12 is helping to regulate your cells and their metabolic cycles, and it could be because you use more energy during the day, thus napping less and finding your body more ready for sleep at night. Either way, getting more restful sleep is a great way to keep your energy levels high.
- Reduced stress: Whether because of a combination of the above benefits, or because of affects of the Vitamin B12 injection itself is unclear, but patients have reported a significant decline in stress after receiving Vitamin B12 injections. Reduced stress can have a wide variety of other positive benefits on your body.
- Other benefits may include: Increased libido; Aid in proper red blood cell production and cardiovascular health; Help regulate sleep, mood, appetite, and weight; Maintain healthy skin eyes and nails; Reduces symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, asthma, and Alzheimer’s
To get signed up for your Vitamin B12 injection, contact Carillon Clinic right away to schedule a consultation. Better energy, better sleep—a better quality of life—is a phone call or e. mail away.
We offer B12 injections at our Maple Grove, Golden Valley, and our brand new Woodbury locations. To talk to a specialist about Vitamin B12 injections, contact us today!
Vitamin C and D Injections
Vitamin B12 is not the only nutrient that benefits your body, and it’s not the only nutrient that our diets and lifestyles sometimes leave us deficient of. That’s why the Carillon Clinic offers Vitamin C and D injections to those patients who would like to see the benefits of these nutrients. Even if you receive adequate amounts of these vitamins, your body may sometimes benefit from a therapeutic approach, giving your body a vitamin “jump start” that can yield a wide variety of rejuvenating benefits.
The approach to Vitamin C and D Injections is quite similar to that of Vitamin B12 injections. Patients are given an intravenous solution of the vitamin of their choice. This solution, then, amplifies many of the benefits of Vitamin C and Vitamin D.
Benefits of Vitamin C
Commonly found in many of the fruits and fruit juices we eat and drink on a regular basis, Vitamin C is vital to the health of your immune system. In fact, among Vitamin C’s most potent benefits are the following:
- Vitamin C can protect your from immunodeficiency
- Vitamin C can help protect you from cardiovascular disease
- Vitamin C can help prevent skin wrinkling
- Vitamin C can help prevent prenatal health problems
- Vitamin C can help keep your eyes healthy
- Vitamin C can help promote iron absorption
There are even more benefits of Vitamin C, including the fact that it promotes a general feeling of healthfulness and youthfulness. The therapeutic injection format of Vitamin C treatments is useful because modern research suggests that the FDA recommended dosage is not necessarily the ideal dosage of Vitamin C. In many cases, your body benefits from the increased dose that you get from a Vitamin C injection.
Benefits of Vitamin D
The two most common sources of Vitamin D are from milk (infused with the vitamin) and from the sun (your skin actually produces Vitamin D in response to sunlight). There are many reasons why one might not get enough Vitamin D: you may be lactose intolerant, or you may live in Minnesota and not see the sun for six months out of the year. Even if you do receive the recommended doses of Vitamin D, it may be beneficial to receive a therapeutic injection of Vitamin D.
The benefits of Vitamin D include the following:
- Vitamin D can help your body absorb calcium, leading to stronger bones
- Vitamin D can help regulate insulin in the body, aiding patients in the management of diabetes
- Vitamin D is important to the overall health of the immune system
- Vitamin D can help keep your brain and nervous system healthy
- Vitamin D can help you regulate or improve your overall mood
- Vitamin D can help support strong lungs and your cardiovascular system
There are, of course, more benefits to Vitamin D, especially in terms of the way your skin looks and how you feel.
Get Your Vitamin Injection Today
Whether you’re looking for more energy or a more youthful look, our vitamin injections are incredibly popular among our Twin Cities area patients. A vitamin injection can help improve your mood, improve your health, and change your outlook. For many of our patients, these Vitamin injections are an essential component of their daily lives.
If you’re interested in learning what a vitamin injection can do for you, contact Carillon Clinic right away to schedule a confidential consultation. We offer vitamin injections at all of our locations: Maple Grove, Golden Valley, and now Woodbury!